Cellulite is a skin imperfection, which takes the commonly known as “orange peel skin” aspect, and indicates a problem in the connective tissue: an volume increase of adipose cells in specific areas of the body (abdominal pelvic area, buttocks, hips, thighs).
In certain cases, cellulite can be associated to nodules in the subcutaneous adipose tissue or to a suspicious inflammatory state.
Causes and Typologies
Although there are many causes, the main cause of cellulite is the action of estrogens, which are typically female hormones that facilitate liquid retention and contribute triggering a volume increase and the rupture of subcutaneous adipose cells. These cells spread the content of triglycerides to the surrounding cells, provoking malfunctions in the microcirculation and swellings of adipose tissue.
However, it is good to know the other factors that can cause cellulite in order to act in time to counteract its appearance:
- Nutritional Disorders
- Genetic factors
- Disorders of the micro-circulatory system
- Alterations in the connective tissue structure
- Alterations in the extracellular matrix
- Disorders of metabolism
- Hormonal factors
- Alterations in the lymphatic system
- As already said, there is not a single cause, but several studies performed found out that cellulite is due to a combination of these factors. Depending on the severity of the situation, cellulite can be classified into:
Professional treatments are aimed at fighting and eliminating cellulite performing a deep action and ensuring effective results. Among the main treatment technologies there is the laser, used by Rigenera3 in combination with radiofrequency, vacuum and LED. The Softlaser present in the new Rigenera 3, acting in combination with the LED, enables a photo- biomodulation that uses the power of athermic light to stimulate cell metabolism. In this way, the dermis and sub-dermis increase the production of collagen and elastin. In addition to the antioxidant effect, the photo-biomodulation performs an important anti-inflammatory effect.
Apart from acting in a targeted manner using professional technologies, it is possible to prevent and fight cellulite with a healthy lifestyle. Here there are some simple tips that will help you maintaining a toned skin and a fit body:
- Follow a healthy diet, which should provide for the correct intake of fruits and vegetables with a limited use of salt. The anti-cellulite foods are: white meat, eggs, fish, legumes, pasta and brown rice, fruits and vegetables.
- Do sport regularly
- Drink plenty of water during the day
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and coffee abuse
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing